Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Where is God? Part 1.5

Another article based on a past post..rewritten with new thoughts.

Many people like to ask the question, "Where is God?" There are so many times in which we hurt and suffer. There are other times in which life seems so unfair. God has promised us many things, but He has not promised us that life would always be fair, pain free, or conflict free; however, many people still get the illusion that because they become a Christian life is all downhill from there. Well, yes and no. No, just because you become a Christian doesn't mean that you get one of those "easy buttons" from staples. There’s no button you can just push to speed past conflict and find another comfortable area. You will go through a hard time whether it be struggling with sin or the various trials in life that kick you in the butt and you wonder "God where are you in all of this?" Then there's the "yes" aspect of this. Because you become a Christian and accept Jesus into your life, you no longer have to let sin run your life. You now have a savior who rescued you from death, from eternal suffering. The bible says in 2 Corinthians 5 that God has given us his Spirit as a deposit to guarantee that eternal life, our heavenly dwelling is coming. We receive a God who loves us, who has loved us, and will love us forever. With a God of this magnitude comes an all knowing God who knows your every need, thought, passion, struggle, and pain.     O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. 5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. Psalm139:1-18   I love this psalm, especially vs 17 because it shows the psalmists surrender to the wisdom and knowledge of God. Instead of taking a stand of pride and self-reliance, he acknowledges God’s thoughts, plans, and will as being supreme to anything we could ever think of. So where is God? From what we have read, He is everywhere and in everything. To feel His presence you must first be aware of His presence. My challenge for you is to go out and find Him. Where in the world is He? But most importantly, is He in you?  1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.2 Why do the nations say, “Where is their God?” 3 Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him. Psalm 115:1-3           

No comments: